Saturday, February 18, 2012

You Mean I'm Supposed To Ask Questions?

In reading Alex J. Cavanugh's recent Blog Post I realized I was falling short in my blogging technique. Who knew that you're supposed to ask questions? I mean, I'm a writer. We don't ask questions we just write and you read. But, a blog is different. It's supposed to be a dialogue between reader and blogger, kind of like texting. What a revelation! After getting so much insight from Alex's February 17th post I hopped on over to You Can't Reach 1000 Followers by Being a Jerk to see what other cardinal blogging sins I was making. Not that my few followers is anywhere near 1,000, but why wait until you get to 1,000 to see how it's supposed to be done? Taking Alex's advice, here's my question: What was the best piece of blogging advice you have received? Did it come today, last month, two years ago? How did it affect your blogging?  I may never reach 1,000 followers, but for the ones that do follow, I'll do my best to blog for your benefit and mine. 

4 comments:

KarenG said...

I like questions. I ask a lot of them and I like when a post asks something that makes me think. Like, the best blogging advice I have received? Hmmm, that's a tough one. No answer lol. I've gotten a lot of tips from observing how blogs I like do things but nothing specific where I can say, "this changed everything."

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks Karen. Good to know I'm on the right track with the questions. I'll keep asking them. I also observe other blogs which is how I found the A to Z Blogging Challenge.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hey Jenn! Wow, I'm so glad you got a lot out of those two posts.
Best advice I ever received was to get involved. My blog didn't really take off until I did that, and the first A to Z Challenge in 2010 really helped. (Glad you're a part of it!) That also meant following and commenting. Once I started do those things, it all came together.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks for stopping by Alex! I feel honored to be visited by someone with 1346 (and counting) followers. You truly practice what you blog. The A to Z Challenge is a big step for me. But, I am looking forward to it and all the wonderful bloggers I will meet along the way.

Share this: