Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Celebrate With Others

Last Saturday, February 4th I had the privilege of celebrating with  Sara Wilson Etienne during the debut of her novel HARBINGER at Children's Book World in Santa Monica. The event was standing room only as family and friends came out to celebrate with Sara.  It was a culmination of years of work of which I had the privilege of being a stow away on Sara's journey. I watched as she read 100 books, revised, revised, revised, searched for (and found) an agent, followed by more revisions, then finally grabbing onto the golden ring, a book deal. I rejoiced with her on Facebook when she made the announcement, empathized with her as she revised the drafts until they were ready for print. Got chills as I scrolled through her pictures of the final copies of her books arriving in the mail, with a REAL ISBN number, and finally celebrated with her as she introduced HARBINGER. I didn't bring my camera, not that it would have helped since I was in the overflow room. But, you can check out The Writing Nut and experience the event through the wonderful photography of Nutschell.  

Congratulations Sara! It was a long journey, but you have arrived. Which gives us all hope that one day, we will too!

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hi Jenn! Thanks for joining the A to Z Challenge. Be sure to add the Google Friends Connect widget to your sidebar so others can follow your blog. I'm one of the co-hosts, so if you have any questions, please let me know.

Matthew MacNish said...

Just dropping in as another A to Z co-host, and now I get to be your first blog follower. Nice to meet you, Jenn!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks Alex and Matthew. I'm looking forward to the A to Z blogging challenge.

nutschell said...

I think I might have spotted you in the "overflow room". THanks for the mention. Aren't we all just so proud of Sara?'

Happy weekend!

Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Yes, Nutschell, that was me. I agree, we are SO proud of Sara. She gives us hope that it can be done!

Share this: