Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Way of the Artist

Recently I've joined a blog group on a journey to find the artist inside. Each week we read a chapter of  Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way and share our thoughts, feelings, insights about the chapter. In the past I had heard rave reviews of the transfromative powers of this book. But the skeptic in me chalked it up to another movement from those who liked to be moved by the latest movement. How wrong I was. I have been on this path for a little over a week and I've been transformed. Only one week of following Julia Cameron's advice has freed the artist in me. I'm moving forward with my ms with an obtainable goal in my near future. I can't wait to see what the rest of this book brings. If you are a stiff skeptic, as I had been, give  The Artist's Way a shot. You might discover the artist trapped inside of you.

No comments:

Share this: