Thursday, January 19, 2012

Freedom To Date An Artist


As part of my journey towards freeing the Artist in me, I am required to take myself on a date. As a busy wife, mother and budding artist, carving out time to take myself on a date can be challenging. However, being a mother of a teen and tween, I find that I can be alone even with the kids since they are more independent. That is how I found time to take myself on a date this week to The Skirball Museum. I have been planning to go there for several years and am glad I finally went. It was wonderful. The current exhibit Women Hold Up Half the Sky was a reminder of how blessed my daughter and I are to be here in the USA. As well as a call to arms to help those who are not. The ongoing Noah's Ark exhibit is a place where we found something to stimulate all the senses. Including a comfortable hammock swing where I could sit and read, while the kids explored the plethora of activities available to them. At the end of the day, I can say it was a good date with great company and I am looking forward to dating this Artist again.

No comments:

Share this: