Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hanging Threads

     Recently I was wondering how to make sure there were no loose threads hanging around my MS when it was all done.  While I'm writing, the thread seems like the most important one in the MS, and at that moment, it is. But as the ms gets bigger and bigger, the thread gets smaller and smaller and if I'm not careful, it will get lost in the midst of the big picture I'm creating.  So, I created a single word document called, 'Hanging Threads'.  It would be great if I had a wonderful writing program that would keep it all in order for me, but I don’t L.  Each time I start a thread, I list it as a bullet point in my 'Hanging Threads' document so I can keep track of it.  This allows me to see, at a glance without rereading the entire MS, all the threads I've begun and make sure I keep them in the loop (hahaha) as I write.  When I get to the end, I’ll tie up all those threads and cut any stragglers that are still hanging around.  I guess all that sewing in Home Ec.  is finally paying off. 

No comments:

Share this: