Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Have You Seen Her?

This morning when I woke up the lyrics to a song I listened to as kid with my mom, were tumbling around in my head. It was called 'Have You Seen Her' by the Chi Lites. MC Hammer re-recorded it and released it on his MC Hammer album in 1990. After listening to it awhile I asked myself that very question, Have You Seen Her? The answer was yes, I've seen her, she was driving to Culver City for her daughter's field trip, helping out in her son's 4th grade class, teaching in her daughter's Sunday School Class, helping out at her friends' surprise birthday party, driving to Santa Barbara for her son's 4th grade field trip, driving her kids to school, piano, guitar, youth group.... (you get the idea). I saw her cooking, cleaning, doing homework etc., then repeating this daily. But what I haven't seen her doing is writing. So today I am going to write my version of he Chi Lites 'Have You Seen Her' as it relates to me;


One month ago today
I was happy as a lark (I was in Yosemite)
But now I go for walks
To the market - never to the park

I take a walk down the same old aisle
Then checkout and pay
You know, for them it's dinner
But to me, it's just another day

Well, I would go on, but the school just called telling me my son forgot his backpack, so off I go and it's not to the park.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Very nice! Starting the day with music. You put a smile on my face. :)

Share this: