Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Feverish LaFevers Weekend




WOW! Last Saturday, I had the good fortune of attending Robin LaFevers "ArchiTexture - A Multi-Faceted Approach to Building the World of Your Novel" workshop and it was fantastic. Now, don't misunderstand me, it was intense, but I walked away with more knowledge on plot, pearls and persecution (for your character of course) than I would imagine I could gain in a weekend! The event was held in the Art Center of the lovely little town of San Luis Obispo . The drive up was beautiful and the company along the way was the best! (Thanks Jill!) Robin is a great presenter and I highly recommend attending any of her workshops. Robin is also a great writer, I just finished the first book in her Lowthar’s Blade Trilogy and I am now reading book two. If you are into fantasy, you will love this series. Let me correct that, I am not into fantasy and I am loving this series! So, even if you are not into fantasy, you will love this series. Check out an excerpt from book one at: http://www.rllafevers.com/excerpts/forging.html

Good writing takes time, time and more time. However, after this weekend I am sure that the effort you put in is definitely the effort you get back.

Check out more about Robin at: http://www.rllafevers.com/index.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people. Thomas Mann

No comments:

Share this: