Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Top Ten Hindrances To Writing

The closer I get to the end of my story, the more challenging it is to find time to write. As I was running around the house, not writing, I began to wonder what are the hindrances to my writing? Of course there were many, but I narrowed it down to my top ten;


10. Chauffeur duties (only eight more years and my oldest will be able to drive).

9. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, (you get the picture).

8. Do overs (going back to the store because you forgot to buy the one item you went there for).

7. Emails (I need to turn off the little bell that tells me when I get an email).

6. Cooking, cleaning, laundry (this happens several times a day).

5. Social events (family & friends are great, but they don't like it when you bring your laptop to the table).

4. Writer's Block (this usually means I'm wrestling over the 15th rewrite of a single sentence).

3. Sleep (a necessary evil).

2. Cooking, cleaning, laundry (OK, maybe I do need a housekeeper).

1. I am not Wonder Woman (hmmm, isn't that the dilemma for every woman?).

No comments:

Share this: