Saturday, November 10, 2007

Something Old, Something New....

Recently while reading some picture books from our home library, gathered over my ten years as an elementary teacher, the phrase 'Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue' popped into my head. After 17 years of marriage it has been a long time since that phrase has been attributed to me. But, I thought, how would that figure into my PB reading log? Then I had an 'Ah-ha' moment. I decided to journal my reading in the following format: Something old; A PB published before 2000, something new; A PB published after 2000, something borrowed; from the library or a friend and something blue; a book with a blue cover or about something blue.

It is already proving to be an interesting journey, here's what I read today:
Old (1978) Babar; A favorite in our house as a kid and now.
New(2002); Giggle, Giggle Quack
Love this series!
Borrowed;The Selfish Crocodile
Borrowed permanently
from a friend (oops).
Blue; Happy Birthday Moon
Frank Asch, need I say more?

No comments:

Share this: